Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Aloha and Welcome to Blogging 31!

I will be posting information and tips on the topics of blogging and niche blogging. I will also, in the next few weeks, be reviewing a new workbook by Darren Rowse (of Problogger fame), 31 Days To Build a Better Blog. Although  I most likely won’t be posting on a daily basis, I will be making frequent posts and following the workbook when possible.

A little about me:

I am attending the College of Southern Nevada via distance learning. I returned to school after working 30 years in the agriculture industry. I am married with 2 kids and 2 step-kids.

I hope you will stop by frequently and that you can find something of use here!

Regards from sunny Hawaii!
Ron

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more about niche blogging and seeing some good examples of these topics/sites. What is the best independent source to use for statistics about the popularity of these sites. What metrics are used? Bandwidth or number of active followers or income produced - can any of those numbers be tracked? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tips will help all of us be more focused and productive. Thanks for choosing this topic! Hoping you will post some pictures from Hawaii so I have something to look at besides snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for a Blog. I agree with EZimmerman. This will be a great reference site for all of us. I've never heard the term 'niche blogging' before. Looking forward to learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite jealous of you that you are in Hawaii and I'm in Las Vegas. Hope to visit there someday, but the megabucks hasn't delivered as promised. I'm interested to hear about your book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @EZimmerman @KAckroyd My second post explains in a little more detail what a Niche blog is vs a regular blog. I hope you find my posts useful.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JudyNV I think the number of active followers shows a sites success and is a good metric to go by. In the case of Problogger (see my links/blogroll), Darren has 138K people following his RSS feed. Which doesn't even count the normal everyday visitors to his blog.

    ReplyDelete